Thursday, March 29, 2012

My kitchen cabinets are in!

I am so in love with them. I definitely made the right choice by going with the simple Shaker design in white. It makes the room look very airy. I cannot wait to get the countertops and backsplash in in the next couple of weeks.

I feel sorry for my install guys. They told me it would take 3-4 hours. They arrived at 11am and didn't leave until almost 7pm. Since my house is old, there wasn't a plumb, straight level line anywhere. They had to shim everything, plus accommodate an HVAC vent, and they were also kind enough to install the Rev A Shelf for me. It's kind of sad how thrilled I am to have in cabinet trash and recycling bins. The total kit including the door mounting kit cost about $100, easily the cost of an attractive Simple Human trashcan, so well worth it. Plus, now with the cabinets installed I realized I have no floor space for a trashcan anyway, so it really worked out.





No comments:

Post a Comment